Wednesday, May 7, 2014

#ExpressYourself: My Favorite Book #author #IamReading #paranormal


Welcome back to my blog. I have decided to join the weekly Express Yourself Blog Hop. Each Tuesday I will be answering a question that is posted on the Express Yourself Banner for that given month. This week I was asked to chose one of my favorite books. Turn to page 89 and write the 8th and 9th sentences found on that page. 

I have two books published and two more ready for release. The book I chose to write about that I feel emotionally close to is Dying Dreams, the fictional account of Evan Shea and how, as a successful father, former athlete and businessman who must now deal with the fact he has only two months to live.
Death from a malignant brain tumor is not instant and is not pain free. Often, the treatment plan exceeds the pain levels of the disease itself. My granddaughter endured this inhuman experience from the age of thirteen until her death at age fifteen. She was able to survive all of the invasive medical procedures with dignity and strength, knowing she was terminal. She believed the experimental procedures might help some other young cancer victim beat the disease. She allowed the painful experiments and treatment options to erode her young body right up to the end when she asked her mother for her permission to pass away.
That is why I dedicated the book to my daughter, Lisa and her young daughter, Shawna. They provided the story line for Dying Dreams and the work of fiction it became. A year after Shawna died, Lisa and I went to lunch. She was depressed and had no appetite. Trying to cheer her up, I made a funny comment about being pregnant. She said that her husband, then almost 45 years old, wasn’t able to father children anymore.
A year after Shawna died, Little Hope was born.


DYING DREAMS
Page 89
Lines 8 and 9

Just then the fish jumped.
“It’s the edible kind. Not Flipper!”

No comments:

Post a Comment