Sunday, April 20, 2014

Welcome to my new blog!


Have you ever wanted to know what it is like to experience flying and airplane, landing on water?  Have you ever tried water skiing and wondered what it would be like to ski without any skis at all? Have you lived an interesting and fulfilling life and wanted to try your hand about writing a book based on your experiences?

Well then, I have some wonderful stories to share and some even more wonderful people I want you to meet through my regular blogs that my publisher, Mountain Springs House Publishing has made it possible for me to do. I’ll be a regular on this site on Tuesdays and Thursdays from now on.

Allow me to share some verbal “snapshots” of what you can expect from me in the blogs to come:

I was a scholarship athlete at Miami University, the famous university in Ohio. I thought lettering in a few sports was enough to keep me in school. I learned the hard way that they expected you to be able to read too. That is something I learned to eventually accomplish by the time I was nineteen, thanks to a demanding wrestling coach.

And then, there were the years in the water ski shows at Cypress Gardens where I performed daily, rubbed elbows with a lot of TV personalities, participated in several national television shows live, a couple of films and even an Esther Williams Special.

Real life beyond sports was an eye-opener for me. I taught school, later became and insurance adjuster with a nationally recognized company and moved back to Florida, where I once again, found myself in the tourist attraction business.

And now, at almost 77 years of age, I am still living the dream and telling the stories. Earning a Masters Degree in Fine Arts – Creative Writing that made it possible to tell the stories well. There are dark clouds and bright lights in all the stories just as in the real world. And just wait!  I’ll be talking about who the characters in my book are, and who the real people they represent really are. Some of them you may already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment